So the binge I've had this last week has made me really look at why I eat. Sounds odd. I should be eating because I'm hungry, right? Nope. Not me.
I eat because:
1. I'm bored and I want something for my hands to do;
2. I'm passing Taco Bell;
3. The food I'm fixing at that moment is too delicious to pass up;
4. I'm passing Chipotle's;
5. It's the correct time of day to eat;
6. I'm passing McDonald's;
7. I'm in 7-11 and already purchasing the Dr. Pepper so I might as well purchase the bag
of cheese puffcorn;
8. I'm passing the refrigerator;
9. It's Thursday;
10. It's Monday, I've been shopping all day and now I'm at Sam's and I'm passing the
fast food counter at the front of the store.
Anywhere in the above statements have you seen the phrase "Because I'm hungry."?
I don't either.
BECAUSE IT'S NOT THERE!!
Now, you may think that I'm being facetious or dramatic. Well, maybe I am a tad. I don't stop every single time I pass Taco Bell, Chipotle or McDonald's. But I do make a mental note to make sure I stop when I'm out and alone (feeding someone else who may be in the vehicle can become expensive). Does that make me a closet binger? Never heard of it, but I'm not tossing out possibilities.
But, the majority of what I say above is correct. I really never eat because I'm hungry. Number 8 really frustrates me when I realize I opened the door just because I passed it. And since I've gone through the trouble of opening the door, I might as well grab a snack, right? :/
This phenomenon was really obvious when I was eating crap last week and I was full. Literally, I was stuffed. Like when you've had WAY too much at Thanksgiving. AND I KEPT EATING IT.
I guess that's reason number:
11. I can't waste the food.
Oh! I almost forgot number:
12. I am doing something creative (with my hands even) and my creative energy is spent
so I need to do something different with my hands and have a snack.
What did Charlie Brown say?
AAAUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!
Today's food:
5:15 - One piece of ham lunchmeat and a single slice of Colby Jack cheese
7:30 - A medium sized bowl of Cream of Wheat with a tablespoon of White Grape Jelly
12:30 - (my blood sugar is so low at this point, I'm shaking. Why? Because I was shopping and forgot about my eat-something-small-every-three-hours-to-keep-your-blood-sugar-level snacks.) One Sam's size piece of all-meat pizza (equivalent of two slices) and a 32 oz Full-HighFructoseCornSyrup Dr. Pepper.
5:30 - snacking on the ham, rice and cheese casserole I'm making for supper as I prepare it. Why? Because I was at the doctor's office all afternoon with Ryan getting his unbroken arm cleared for PE again and I forgot about my eating schedule. (If I made this sound like Ryan's fault, it's not. It's mine. Just frustrating.) Man. I'm going to have to start packing around a diaper bag again just so I can eat small snacks!
6:15 - Eating my chicken and bean tortillas while everybody else eats the ham rice and cheese.
6:35 - Stop eating for the night.
8:00 - keep my hands busy doing dishes while everybody else eats ice cream. :/
AAAUUUGGGGHHHH!!
I have officially blogged today. Tomorrow will be better. Have a wonderful evening. See you tomorrow.
Same Bat time, same Bat channel.
No comments:
Post a Comment