So today was quite the day. I'm not going to go into my eating today, I'm finicky and don't want to.
This afternoon, I felt prompted to go by the mortgage office to see how things were going. We're supposed to close on the 30th, but we've been pushing a little bit to see if we can close early. The landlord of the place we're living in wants to sell the house and we just want to be out of the house and her hair (and vice-versa). Because of this, we turned in our notice for the 31st. I know it was cutting it close, but there was really no way we could financially swing closing on a house AND paying another month's rent.
Anyway, three weeks ago we laid this on the table. The title company said they could be ready. The realtor said it was possible on that end. The mortgage company said it was possible if everything went well. Our file looked clean and should be good, five to ten business days.
That was ten days ago. Okay, really early as far as the closing date was concerned but we didn't think it was impossible. That day, a Friday, we received a phone call telling us all we needed was an up to date bank statement. Done. Five more business days. Thursday, we call. Haven't heard anything yet. Expect late Thursday or Friday. Friday, midday, no, but should be in by this afternoon. LATE afternoon, nada.
So I go down this afternoon at 1:30. Yes, they have our loan approved but there's four things that need to get taken care of. The loan application and the loan paperwork have two different account numbers on them so we need to sign a new loan application. Need some paperwork from the realtor. Need to verify if a student loan was really paid off (even though its been paid of for FIVE years). Need to have verifiable two years of job records (uh, hello? Info on the loan application and we told you we had six years verifiable, all you had to do was ask.) And why didn't this come up ten days ago when all we needed was a bank statement?????
Now, it HAS to back in through underwriting which will take four more days and then one to two days for loan docs to come to the office so we can most likely close on the 31st, get the keys on the 1st!!
WHAT????
In California, we must wait 24 hours for the buyer's money to go through and clear the bank. (This is what they're telling me....)
THAT'S WHY I PAY IN CASHIER'S CHECK!!!
But, as we look this over, most of this should've been taken care of and they're really insignificant so there's no real reason why we can't move forward, but we still have to go back through underwriting.
Oh, and I spent 3.5 hours driving around today, getting the signatures needed so it didn't take an extra three days.
And then I was told we were lucky to be closing only ONE DAY LATE.
Lucky?
Apparently, it's common practice here to have to move the closing date, one, two or even three times.
Ohhh, SERIOUSLY??
Why do they accept doing half-ass business this way? Why do customers accept it? Why is it good business practice to sign deals late?? How can someone make the plans necessary to move their family if nothing is firm? How can you trust these people? HOW DO THEY GET RECOMMENDATIONS?!?!?!?
I may be a hick from a small town. Things work different in a small town. I get that. In fact, I miss that. At least I could trust the person sitting across the desk from me to DO WHAT THEY SAID THEY WERE GOING TO DO.
And I'm not even talking about closing early. I'm talking about CLOSING ON TIME!!
Okay. I'm done. Rant over. I'm looking forward to having this moving thing done so I can sit down and write more than just what I'm eating.
Oh, I had two packages of Swiss cake rolls and a small chocolate shake from McDonald's today so my calories are shot for a couple days now.
OH WELL.
See you tomorrow.
Same Bat time, same Bat channel.
No comments:
Post a Comment