Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Recipe - Chicken Chili

This was our main course last night.  I love this recipe.  It is easy to remember and assemble.  It's easily doubled.  It's thrown in the crockpot to cook all day.  It has the approval of both the husband AND the kids.  (I'll add a picture next time I make it.)  For my friends in Laramie who requested this recipe, here you go!

1 pound of FROZEN chicken breast (426 cal)
1 pound of FROZEN corn (367 cal)
1 15 oz can of black beans (110 cal)
1 3 oz package cream cheese (298 cal)
1 pint medium salsa (or whichever sizzle you choose) (80 cal)

Combine in a crock pot.  Cook on high 3-4 hours, low 6-8 hours.  Remove chicken and shred.  Return to pot.  Serve alone, over rice or in a tortilla.  Garnish as desired.  Makes two quarts or 8 - 12 servings. Total calories 1281 or 106 - 160 cal per serving.

As my husband would say, "This is TASTY."

No comments:

Post a Comment