Today was a good day. I only took one nap today for an hour (instead of three). I did a lot of packing. I did laundry. I did pretty good at eating.
Last night, I took a Benadryl before bed. I woke up feeling good and I had energy.
Let me back up....
January 2013, I come down to Bakersfield to help Tyson search for a house to live in. I came home with a nasty kidney infection and pneumonia. I wound up needing to use an inhaler on an as necessary basis until about May. By May, my doctor put me on some steroids and I seemed to get over it.
August 2013. We're now living in Bakersfield. I'm using my inhaler again, PRN. I notice I need it most when the swamp cooler is running. By October, I don't feel like I need it anymore and I stop and I chalk it up to "winter" and not using the cooler.
At this point, I start being exhausted all the time. I sleep about ten hours a day and have no energy nor desire to do anything so I lay around most of the time.
I beat myself up about it. I seem to have one good day a week, usually Mondays, where I can get a lot done. I think its because I've been resting most of the weekend.
At the end of December, Tyson buys me a carpet cleaner. Our opinion of the carpet in our rental is that it is cheap. It shows dirt extremely easily, especially down the hallway. The carpet is a light beige but the hallway seems to be gray all the time. Our plan is to do the hallway once a month. On top of that, we had just gotten Katara and we needed to stay on top of the potty-training spots.
I start using my inhaler again in January. I figured "winter" was waning and things were beginning to bloom so that's probably why I felt like I needed it. I'm still exhausted and have no energy.
Tyson did the hallway for me at the end of January. It smelled musty. I figured it was because Tyson didn't use any soap. He was thinking the grayness of the carpet, which came back after walking on it for about two days, was because the dirt was sticking to the soap we used in December.
I did the hallway in February. Now it smells mildewy. We go over it again and it smells worse. And the carpet is even grayer than it had been in the fall. We now believe there is mold in the carpet.
Monday, I started eating a string cheese stick. It tasted somewhat moldy so I threw it away. About 30 seconds later, my chest started tightening up. And then it clicked.
I'm allergic to penicillin (made from mold, right?). It makes me stop breathing. The swamp cooler makes me have asthma attacks. The mold in the cheese makes me have an asthma attack.
You've probably already figured this out:
I'm hyper-sensitive to mold. There's mold in the carpet. I walk across it everyday, kicking it into the air. I take a Benadryl last night and it helps. I'm feeling better today. HMMMMMMMM............
Here's the other part. Last January, I wasn't sick with the pneumonia part until the evening after I looked at this house......... I already had the kidney infection. It just really didn't help the pneumonia.
Good thing we'll be out by the end of the month. :/ And that I have a good stock of Benadryl.... :D
I did well with eating today. EXCEPT, Tyson took me out to Black Angus for dinner for our anniversary. I don't feel bad about that at all.
Have a wonderful evening. See you tomorrow.
Same Bat time, same Bat channel.
No comments:
Post a Comment