Wednesday, September 7, 2016

September 7, 2016

  Okay, let's get the formalities out of the way.  I was 295 lbs this morning.  It's only two pounds difference and less that 1% change so I'm not getting my feathers ruffled about it.  That being said, it would have been nice to see it go down instead of up.
  Why did it go up?  Well, I haven't been paying attention to what I'm eating so that's the biggest factor.  As I type this, I have to be honest, I'm not sure I'm too worried about it right now.  So, there you go.
  Another reason for the increase is the walking.  I've been walking the dog again for three weeks now.  I haven't regularly done that since December or January.  I've been walking 1.2 miles at least four times a week.  I was surprised at how easily the walking was to pick back up.  It was like riding a bike--pun intended... and no, I'm not riding a bike.  You can forget that.
  Anyway, the first couple days, we went around the block, which is about .3 miles.  On the third day, I went farther (1.2 miles) and it didn't kill me.  Yeah! A point in the win column.
  So, on Monday, I decided pushing it would be a good idea.  Why did I think that?  We'll never know.  Anyway, I went 3.5 miles.  When I was done, I was sore, but I felt good.  I thought, yeah, I can do that again. 
  As the day wore on, however, my body objected more and more.  I felt like I was 80 years old when I went to bed at eight-thirty that night--I normally go to bed at eleven. 
  Yesterday, my body was screaming at me.  I still took the dog for 1.4 miles, mostly because I've accomplished this much and I know if I let myself have one day because I'm hurting, then I'll let myself have two, etc. etc. etc. (I watched the King and I this weekend, if you can't tell).  Today, I went 1.7, mostly for the same reasons.  I've been trying to wrap my brain around increasing the distance/stamina or something like that, which is why I went a little bit more today.  My joints didn't like it but we went anyway.
  How in the heck did I play basketball when I was teenager?  It was never this hard!
  So, the extra couple pounds are muscle.  Got to be.  That's what I'm telling myself, at least.  The aches and pains tell me it's got to be muscle.  Putting on fat doesn't hurt... unless you consider having TB (Tired Butt) from sitting in front of the T.V. all day.
  The biggest bonus is the lack of Dt. Dr. Pepper.  I haven't had one in almost four weeks.  I haven't had any (soda) pop in almost four weeks.  I'm pretty proud of that fact.
  Maybe soon, I'll start focusing on my eating... when I get there.  Baby steps, people.  Baby steps.
  I'll check in with you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment