I'm frustrated with myself. I didn't walk the dog today or yesterday. Yesterday, there was a forest fire just outside of town and there was a lot of smoke hanging around. I didn't go because of that. The wonderful firefighters were able to get the blaze under control and there's far less smoke today but I decided that I needed to wait an extra day.
Okay, that's all well and good. I think yesterday I had a good reason to not walk the dog. The thing was, I was happy about it. I was all too eager not to go around the block for twenty-five minutes. And this morning, it was all too easy to tell myself it probably still wasn't healthy to go out.
I'm not knocking the legitimacy of the unhealthful air, I'm knocking myself for making it so easy to not do it. Making this commitment again is difficult.
Speaking of commitments, I did as I promised and blogged on Saturday. I thought it was good and I felt like I aired some feelings/thought processes. That's been a struggle too, since I've started blogging again. It's been more of a chore than an opportunity to share.
Let's stop that right now, okay? Good.
On Monday, I started weighing myself everyday again. I'm hoping this will encourage me to start the day off with thinking about it. I was surprised. Monday, I was 287, yesterday, 285, and today 287 again. I don't know where the ten pounds went. Was I reading the scale wrong last week? I don't think so. On Sunday, I spent most of the afternoon napping and then I took a Benadryl Sunday evening and slept really well. I don't know that simply sleeping is the answer to why I suddenly lost ten pounds. However, I have noticed that when I don't sleep well, I hold onto a couple extra until I do. But a couple pounds doesn't equal ten.
I probably won't be able to answer this question. I think, there's a chance the scale wasn't zeroed (still not ten pounds worth) and maybe it wasn't level? I don't know.
The point is, I'm back down into the 280's. I have to say, I like that better than the 290's. Sitting here thinking about it, I think a reasonable goal is to get under 280 and then make another goal. I know I can't set some outrageous goal, like 200, and expect to stay with that goal. I know I'll get frustrated and give up.
I know it.
Okay, so the goal for the next three days (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) is to walk the dog and weigh myself everyday. Maybe next week, I'll look into how many calories I'm eating, but that sounds like work I don't really want to do.
We'll see.
Baby steps. See you Saturday.
Good Job!! YOu can do this hard thing.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the encouragement!
Delete