Hello, again.
It's been almost ten months to the date that I've posted.
Sorry I abandoned you.
About a month before I stopped writing, I started working again. I answered phones in a call center for an insurance company as a temporary employee. About a month ago, I got laid off. Financially, it's probably not the best thing in the world. Emotionally, the lay off was a good thing. Answering constant phone calls is very stressful. And while I kept it professional at work, at home I was tired, grumpy and Tyson told me I was becoming very negative.
My first week off, I turned into mental Jell-O. The next week, I had missed a personal deadline for getting the book out to my betas so I busted through what I needed to so I could get back on track. The third week, we prepared for the first week of school. Last week, the kids started school and I settled back into being a mom and a wife. I'm doing much better now, even I can feel it.
A few days after my last post was another NaNoWriMo. That totally trashed any attempt at losing weight ever since. That month, I wrote the third draft of the book I'm about to publish and the first draft of the second book. When November was over, I had the writing bug bad and I've been working on rewrites in my free time ever since.
Now that I have MORE free time (because being a stay-at-home mom gives me all kinds of free time HA!), my priorities have changed again. The book is still high priority and I'd consider myself a 3/4-time writer. Still tweaking the schedule so I can get everything done, but it seems to be going well. If there were just a couple more hours in the day so I could write, it would be wonderful. ;)
Anyway, between the two above reasons, I have neglected my weight loss/healthy changes. I plan to get back into it.
That said, I haven't weighed myself in months. When I did the other day, I was 293. I've gained back 8 to 10 pounds of what I lost. Considering I wasn't watching what I was eating and I wasn't exercising, I don't think that's too bad. In addition, it's not the 309 that started me on this whole journey.
I started walking the dog again last week. I did 1.2 miles Wednesday and Thursday last week and again Tuesday and today. I'm really sore but I'm managing to do it.
It's all about priorities, isn't it. :)
Speaking of, keep an eye out for my new book. If all things come out in the wash, it should be coming mid-September. I'll keep you posted.
And my goal is to post for this blog once a week. See you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment