Wednesday, October 12, 2016

  I have to be honest.  I didn't post at all last week because I was going to give up, throw in the towel, QUIT.  That's where I was.  I have so much going on right now that this wasn't something I wanted to devote my time to.
  And then I read a Facebook post of a friend.
  She went from 380 lbs. to 150 lbs.  That is amazing.  In her post, she stated that once she lost the first fifty pounds, everything was easier.
  I thought about that hard.
  Going to the grocery store will be easier.  Potentially, it won't take me a full day to recover.
  Doing active things with my children will be easier.  More of those to do.
  Climbing up into my stupid loft (my 'mancave') will be easier.  Maybe I won't have to have the kids get up there if all I need to do is get something.
  I can loose fifty pounds, right?
  ...hmmm.
  In the frame of mind I was last week, I didn't walk the dog most of the week.  Monday, it just didn't happen because I took two kids to the orthodontist and then all four to the dentist.  It was an all day affair.  Yesterday, I did a month's worth of grocery shopping.  I walked about three miles, but it wasn't with the dog.  Today, I was really sore.  My hips, knees and ankles hurt.  I was exhausted.  Tyson got up and got the kids out the door.  I rolled out of bed, finally, and the dog and I went 2.3 miles, aching the entire way.
  I thought the whole time, 'Why am I doing this?'
  I went home and took a shower and then I took a nap.  I also took some OTC pain meds.  :/
  So, it'll be easier, right?
  I'll be back on Saturday.  I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment