Sunday, March 8, 2015

Avoidance

    I've been avoiding blogging because it holds me accountable.  The last week I haven't been doing well at all.
    Well, maybe that's not totally true.  I do well during the day.  I keep track of my calories.  I stick the "diet" I've established.
    And then about 4:00 it all falls to pieces.  I crave sugar.  I crave caffeine.  I crave junk food.
    This week has been horrible for the diet.  Monday, I had a 32 oz fountain Dr. Pepper.  Tuesday, I stopped and got french fries from McDonald's.  Wednesday, I snorked down five of Steph's freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, not to mention sniping dough as she was making them.  Thursday, the piece de resistance, I had a double quarter pounder meal from McD's (I did restrain myself to a medium size and a DIET Dr. Pepper.  I am dieting, you know.)  At least four of the seven days I stopped and bought a 20 oz full-high-fructose-corn-syrup Dr. Pepper when I went to pick up Steph from swimming (a convenient excuse for the convenience store...).  On Friday, I gorged on squiggle.  And yesterday, I devoured TWO pieces of DOUBLE stack chicken and bacon pizza from Papa Murphy's (There were tomatoes on it....).                       

    And I only walked the poor dog once.

PTTTTHHHHHHH!!

    I suck.

    DIETING SUCKS.

    Changing behavior sucks more.

    So today, I spoke to a friend at church.  She's a physical trainer.  She told me I was trying to change TOO MUCH at once.  She suggested instead of jumping from 3000-3400 calories per day to 1500, try only going down to 2200, halfway-ish, and shoot for 1500 later.  Go ahead and have my Dr. Pepper, but make it diet and limit it to a certain amount per day.  (There's these nifty sizes they're selling here that are like 10 ozs and come in an 8 pack.)  Don't eat after 6 p.m. (Well, it'll have to be 6:30, we eat at 6.)  If I want to add walking the dog fine, but if I don't, don't sweat it, I can add that in next week.  She advised I only make one or two changes a week.  And don't forget to call her in the middle of the week.

    Okay.

    Oh, and she said to keep blogging.  Everyday.

    I'm not sure what I'm going to talk about everyday, but okay.  I will.

    Good things that happened this week as far as dieting:
        When I ate the double quarter pounder and medium fries, which I usually get with large fries, I was stuffed before I was done.  Same with the pizza.  I would normally eat three pieces.  So, my stomach must be shrinking.

    Okay.  New plan then.  I'll check back in tomorrow.
    Same Bat time, same Bat channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment